Based in Manitoba, Canada
Early Access Release Date:
September 14th, 2022
Full Release Date:
Steam - Windows PC
Crash Override is a randomly generated action shooter with roguelike mechanics. Surf the cybernet as a hacker for hire trying to save the cybernet from a mysterious threat. Power up before the crash wave erases everything. Gain reputation, secure contracts, salvage data, upgrade, and survive.
The mainframe has been infected, and you must surf the neon corridors of the cybernet, or risk a total system crash. Collect your arsenal, rezz, power up, battle hordes of glitches, and overpower the virus.
Play Crash Override as one of 6 unlockable avatars against a horde of enemy glitches. Experience the cybernet with its procedurally generated levels, neon visual style, and driving soundtrack.
Crash Override is an early access game on Steam.
- Inspired by popular titles - stay ahead of death wave (FTL), enemy hordes and leveling (Vampire Survivors), and in-game stores (Binding of Isaac)
- Gain reputation to secure contracts to have access to new mainframes
- Decide what mainframes to contract, and where to slow the viral infection
- Shoot, dash, and maneuver to take down hordes of enemy glitches
- 12 weapon programs to collect - choose which to mix and match
- Access RAM, data and upgrades found in the cybernet
- Wide variety of avatar and weapon upgrades
- 6 player avatars to unlock
- Race ahead of the crash wave while choosing from ever branching paths
- Cybernet map, mainframe runs, and upgrades will be different each time. No two play-throughs will ever be the same
- 46 Steam Achievements are currently added that are tied to in-game player accomplishments
- Integrated chat vote for streaming on Twitch. Vote on which paths to choose, and what store items to buy
- Steam Big Picture mode
- Full controller / gamepad support
- More features and content are planned before full release in 2024. Check our Steam store page for updates: Steam
- Retro theme with a driving soundtrack
- Genres - Action, Roguelike, Bullet Hell, Arcade
- Visuals - 2D, Top-Down, Pixel Graphics
- Themes & Moods - Cyberpunk, Sci-fi, Artificial Intelligence, Hacking, 1980s, Futuristic, Retro
- Estimated play time per run on a mainframe: 10-20 minutes
- Estimated "completionist" time (aquire all purchasables and achievements): 15-20 hours
Crash Override - Cybernet Update Trailer Youtube
Crash Override - Preview / Early Access Trailer Youtube
Logos & Icon
Request Press Copy
Please send us an e-mail and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Send us a quick email.
About TMFX Studios
TMFX Studios is a Canadian independent game developer making indie games since 2000.
More information on TMFX Studios, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Crash Override Credits
Business, Art, Design & Development, TMFX Studios