Based in Manitoba, Canada
Early Access Release Date:
September 14th, 2022
Full Release Date:
Spring / Summer 2023
Steam - Windows PC
Crash Override is a top-down arena shooter roguelite where you surf the cybernet as a gun for hire. Power up to save the mainframe before the crash wave erases everything. Loot, upgrade, and survive.
The mainframe has been infected by a virus, and you must surf the neon corridors of the cybernet, or risk total system infection. Collect your arsenal, rezz, power up, battle hordes of glitches, and overpower the virus.
Play Crash Override as one of 6 avatars against a horde of enemy glitches. Experience the cybernet with its procedurally generated levels, neon visual style, and driving retro synthwave soundtrack.
- Crash Override is an early access game on Steam
- Inspired by popular titles - stay ahead of death wave (FTL), enemy hordes and leveling (Vampire Survivors), and in-game stores (Binding of Isaac)
- Race ahead of the crash wave while choosing from infinitely branching paths
- Procedurally generated levels for infinite replayability
- Shoot, dash, and maneuver to take down hordes of enemy glitches
- 12 weapons to collect - choose which to mix and match
- Access RAM, data and upgrades found in the cybernet
- Wide variety of avatar, weapon, health and power upgrades
- 6 player avatars to choose from
- 46 Steam Achievements are currently added that are tied to in-game player accomplishments
- Integrated chat vote for streaming on Twitch. Vote on which paths to choose, and what store items to buy
- Steam Big Picture mode
- Full controller / gamepad support
- More features and content are planned before full release in Spring / Summer 2023. Check our Steam store page for the most up-to-date roadmap: Steam
- Retro theme with a driving retro-synthwave soundtrack
- Genres - Action, Roguelite, Bullet Hell, Arcade
- Visuals - 2D, Top-Down, Pixel Graphics
- Themes & Moods - Cyberpunk, Sci-fi, Artificial Intelligence, Hacking, 1980s, Futuristic, Retro
- Estimated play time per run on the mainframe: 20-40 minutes
- Estimated "completionist" time (aquire all purchasables and achievements): 15-20 hours
Crash Override - Preview / Early Access Trailer Youtube
Logo & Icon
Request Press Copy
Please send us an e-mail and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Send us a quick email.
About TMFX Studios
TMFX Studios is a Canadian independent game developer making indie games since 2000.
More information on TMFX Studios, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Crash Override Credits
Business, Art, Design & Development, TMFX Studios